Woodstock 1969 – Café concept with a twist in food. #love #peace #music #food
Intro & Location:
Woodstock 1969 is located in the Greek Church Row. It is named after the famous Woodstock music festival of 1969. It is a very small place with just four tables which was established inside a Garage. Once, you get inside Woodstock, it is filled with posters and arts full of rock bands and music. Be it posters of Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Green Day, etc etc. it is filled with them. This place was on my wish list since a long time. However, it is rightly said that don’t judge a book by its cover. Similarly, don’t judge Woodstock just by the seating capacity. Some of their dishes are exemplary. It is a place which was established by three hotel management student who wanted to provide Kolkata with really lipsmacking and distinct food at affordable prices. All of them I met were jolly and they helped us with ordering food as well. The prices of each of the dishes has been kept sensibly keeping in mind the young crowd especially.
It also has a mezzanine floor which on climbing will help you discover a pool table. Nevertheless, we were a group of three and it was Sunday when there was a live classic music performance by some of their friend’s. It was really memorable day and I had amazing fun herein. One can even buy posters of their favourite artists here. They have got a wide variety to choose from. ❤
What I ordered:
• Creamy Chicken Wrap – It was amazing. I mean really really AMAZING. The presentation of this dish did make me drool a bit. The wrap was amazing to taste and the chicken pieces were added generously with respect to the prices charge. I would surely come back for this. It was served with ketchup and potato wedges. The wrap had chicken filled with cheese and lettuce. #mouthmelting #lipsmacking #mouthwatering #tasty #hot ✌✌
• Chinese Rice with Chicken Combo – I would say the taste of this dish was nice. However, the portion could have surely been more with respect to price charged. #smokyhot #tasty #lipsmacking ✌✌
• Butter Beer – They had this special drink which was suggested by one of the co-owner to me. It did not have real beer but it tasted like butterscotch and the after sip leaves you with a taste of beer. I mean, it was one different mocktail which I had here and must recommend this surely. ❤❤
Meal for two: 200-470 approximate
• Amazing food
• Great hospitality
• Reasonably priced
• If you are into music and art especially rock music, you cannot miss on this one
• One can play pool herein too or buy posters
• Some of their dishes are unique
• Small and cozy place with low seating capacity
• Hygiene needs to be maintained properly
• Would specially thank the owners for serving us courteously and extending the warm hospitality towards us.
• Work on hygiene and cleanliness. There were some small cockroaches roaming around near the tables which is really a turn off and creepy.
I would surely visit again in future especially during Sundays to enjoy the music. Pardon me for the picture quality.