Wok 21 – Heat! Toss! Eat! Repeat!
Location & Intro:
Wok 21 is located near Broadway. It is not at all difficult to locate.
I had visited Wok 21 as a part of bloggers meet. The concept is of wok boxes which is slowly and gradually spreading across the city of joy. What i liked about their concept is that the menu is quite simple and easy to understand. Also, the prices have been kept reasonable and they serve the food absolutely smoky hot which is still lacking in many places in the city of joy.
What i tried:
I visited here along with three other bloggers. Some of the things which i tried are:-
• Sauteed Chilli Garlic Mushroom – If you are a mushroom person, simply go for this one. It was crunchy and tasty.
• Hakka Paneer – The Hakka paneer was also quite nice. However, it could have been a little more flavorful.
• Drums of Heaven – This was absolutely delish. 4 pieces of chicken were served piping hot. It was well sauted in the sauce and were quite succulent.
• Lat-Mai-Kai – The lat-mai-kai chicken was good. It was tender inside and was not very spicy. If you don’t like spicy food, simply abide by this one.
• Pan Fried Chilli Fish(Basa) – The fish was absolutely smoky hot as you can make out from the picture. It was mild spicy.
• Pan Tossed Chicken Dimsums – The dimsums were quite juicy. I liked the idea of their pan tossed rather than pan fried. The sauce is not added in abundance here.
• Wok Box – I customised my own wok box and chose white rice, devils sauce, chicken and array of vegetables (including pak choi). It was nice and quite great in quantity.
• Darsaan with Ice Cream – It was really nice and presented well. I liked it.
• Fortune Cookie – This was the first time i tried this cookie. Crunch the cookie and pops up your message. Read it and eat the cookie. I really liked the cookie too.
• Toffee Banana with Ice Cream – It was nice but nothing very extraordinary.
Price for two: 200-500 (Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
• New concept of wok boxes.
• Ambiance is nice.
• Prices are quite reasonable.
• Keep up the consistency.
• Some of the items had a little more oil than usual. Work on reducing the oil content there.
I had a great time at Wok 21. Hope to be there soon again!
My wok story!!! Happy Eating!!