The Palms – A simple yet elegant restaurant.
Intro & Location:
The Palms was on my wishlist for a long time. I finally got to visit it 08.09.2016. I was invited by Shahbaaz Zaman to try out the food here. The decor of the place is elegant and quite contemporary. This place is quite beautifully decorated and all the staffs and stewards are quite courteous in their hospitality.
It is located where Funjabi Tadka (Which closed down) was previously located. Right above CCD, Southern Avenue. 1st Floor.
What we tried:
We were a bunch of foodies who had come here to try their various dishes.
• Virgin Mojito – The mojito was nice.
• Special Mojito – I told the staff to make something new with the mojito. So he came up with a Special Strawberry and Chilli Mojito with a Ginger Twist. I really loved it. Chilly as well as chilli. Well presented. ✌✌
• Cindrella – It was their special mocktail. It was great to taste. 🙂
• Mahi Pahari – It was fish. It was quite succulent. I loved it’s preparation! ✌
Oriental & Indian Main Course:
• Chicken oriental noodles with pak choi – It had ample amount of chicken in it. The noodles were as oily as required. Silky but not way too oily. It was melting in the mouth. #Musttry ✌✌
• Diced chicken in garlic and oyster sauce with shitake mushroom – It was taken with the noodles. I personally found them to be nice. Really lipsmacking. ✌✌
• Nizam Biriyani – The biriyani was presented quite well. It was smoky hot and tasted fine. However, i have had better biriyani’s before. ✌
• Peshawari Naan – It had almonds, coconut and khoya stuffed inside. It had garlic on top. It was nice and unique!
• Murgh Lahori – It was nice and creamy. It was served smoky hot which i always prefer. ✌✌
• Murgh Gautie – It was green (touch of palak) and creamy too. I loved it as well. ✌✌
• Gajar Ka Halwa – It was presented neat with almonds cut on top. I loved it. No additives into it. Just simple natural. ✌✌
• Banana toffee with plum sauce – I personally did not like it.
• Simple Ambiance
• Food served to me was smoky hot
• Stewards and staffs are courteous
• Excellent Food presentation
• The ambiance can be improved a lot
• There lies still scope of improvement of taste of food dishes
They were serving sea food too but i was not in the mood to try it. I might come here again. As i was invited here, i am not much aware about the pocket pinch. It is a nice place to dine in with family.
Disclaimer: I was invited here by management of Palm’s Restaurant.