The Lords and Barons – A new gastropub in Park Street.
The Lords and the Barons is situated bang opposite to Hard Rock Cafe, Park Street, Kolkata. The place is MAGNIFICIENT and looks mesmerising to the eyes. Currently, they are operating on the first and the second level. The ceilings heights are quite good and the decor is ecstatic. If you’re looking to go for a date or for a casual chit chat with friends or to spend some quality time with family, this place can cater to all your needs. They have a separate private place on the second level as well where one can do group bookings for birthdays, anniversaries and more. (royal pub dining where one can enjoy live music). You can check out their facebook page here.
Level 1 is a club which is being currently operated as a chic cafe right now.
Nonetheless, the place has a large seating capacity and has a bar counter as well. I like the chairs (especially the high chair) and the excellent carvings. I was invited here to The Lords and Barons as a food blogger to try their food and give them feedback of the same. The ambience is the first thing which your eyes will watch out for. Mesmerising and Aesthetic – in two words. P.S. I love their chairs too. Some of them rotates as well.
What I tried:
• The Great Bull – The great bull mocktail was great to taste. Really loved the presentation as well. It was fruit flavours punched together.
• Nilgiri Passion – The Niligiri passion was presented nicely but the taste was not very satisfying.
• Malai Mirchi Cigar – The Malai Mirch Cigar was good to taste. The crunchy cigar is good to go!
• Korean Chilli Garlic Prawns – The Korean Chilli Garlic Prawns were quite good here. I would highly recommend this one if you are a prawn lover. They were sauteed properly in the Chinese sauces.
• Spicy Peshawari Murgh Tikka – The Murgh Tikka was good. I won’t say the best. However, I like the fact that they have tried doing something different wrt to the spices added to the marination of the chicken.
• Narkel Chingri Risotto – The Narkel Chingri Risotto was excellent. It is a must try for all. The coconut flavour was quite much evident in the dish.
• Paneer Nazaqat – The paneer was succulent and tasted just fine.
• Rarra Gosht – The Rarra Gosht was good to taste. The mutton was quite succulent. However, the gravy was quite less. Overall, the preparation is good to have with bread but not with rice.
• Shepherd’s pie – The Shepherd’s pie was just okay. I did not like the taste much.
• Chilli Halwa – Something different but not something extraordinarily great. It comes with Vanilla Ice Cream. Quite high on calories.
• American Magic – The American Magic was presented nicely and was just fine to taste. It is also a different kind of dessert which I tried here. Not like the usual dessert.
• Prime location.
• Large seating capacity.
• Serves sheesha, food and liquor.
Overall, it was a good experience to try out various dishes here. All the dishes were presented quite nicely. I would like to thank the management and Siddharth Gupta (Co-Owner) for extending hospitality.
I was invited by the management of The Lords and Barons and the views expressed are solely my own.
Respect the LORD! Haha. Just Kidding!
And some more drooling pictures!
Bon Appetit. Happy eating.