Red Hot Chilli Pepper, Ballygunge – Completes it’s 17 years in the city of joy.
Intro & Location:
Seventeen years in Kolkata in Hospitality industry is indeed a long time. Yes, that’s what Red Hot Chilli Pepper’s Ballygunge have attained by persistent effort and continuous endeavor to satiate the taste buds of the patrons of Kolkata. A bunch of Food bloggers from Kolkata were invited to taste their seventeen best dishes. As we entered, the ambiance was really nice but dim lit. There were chinese fan all around and buddha statue. I really liked the decor. The place is quite large and can easily accommodate large groups. We were warmly invited and after glazing at the ambiance, we took our seats. We were around 15-18 people.
It is not at all difficult to locate. It is located in the main crossing of Ballygunge Circular Road which connects to Dover Road or say, Ballygunge Fari. It is located right opposite to St. Lawrence School. They have got enough space for parking. It is operated by the Chef’s who still continue to be a part of this same restaurant.
What we had:
I told the steward to make whatever he liked. He came up with Bartender Special Mocktail which was really amazing to look at and even to gulp down sip by sip. I really loved the presentation as well as the taste. A must try!!
Soups and Starters:
• Chicken Manchow Soup – The chicken manchow soup was served with the spicy sauce. It tasted just okay to me as the chicken pieces were barely visible in the soup. I would request the management to take notice. It could have been much much better. Nevertheless, it was served smoky hot and it indeed was satiating the palate.
• Chicken Lat me Kai – The chicken lat me kai was good. It was really crunchy and was served smoky hot. The staffs were quite courteous and did not miss out any lacuna in extending their hospitality towards us. It was crunchy on the outside and succulent on the inside.
• American Corn – The first thing which made me drool about it was it’s presentation. There are a lot of restaurants who serve good american corn but did lack on the presentation. I must say that Red Hot Chilli Peppers were quite innovative when it came to presentation this particular dish. The taste was good and it was also served smoky hot which leaves no scope of complaints.
• Chilli Potato – The chilli potato was also presented well as julienne cut. It was perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I mean, i was expecting something really different when they said Chilli Potato. However, it was also nice and i enjoyed it.
• Chilli Fish – I really loved the fish as well. It was just melting in the mouth and smoky hot.
As i was almost quite full with their initial servings, i decided to taste the main course dishes. I tried their chicken, chilli fish, vegetables tossed with corn in usual white sauce,chicken hakka noodles and some plain veg rice. They were all served smoky hot and were nice. The chicken could have been a little more spicy. The fish was impeccable.
We finished our meal with Darsaan served with Vanilla Ice Cream and crumbled Dates in Pancakes. Darsaan with ice cream was great. The crumbled dates in pancakes was something different. I personally liked this dessert and it did satiate my taste buds and sweet cravings.
• Smoky hot food
• Courteous staff and great hospitality
• Great ambiance
• More of a brand name now
• Posh Restaurant
• Usual dine in would be quite expensive.
Special Thanks to:
• Srijita as she invited me in here and extended her warm hospitality.
• Team of Red Hot Chilli Peppers for serving all of us smoky hot food in quite a minimum time.
Meal for two: 1000-3000 approximately
It was great experience here with the food. All the dishes were presented well and the hospitality of the stewards and staffs would surely make a customer content.