Satiate your taste buds with creamy punjabi food.
Rang De Basanti Dhaba has been particularly on the mode of expansion in the city of joy. Being a punjabi myself, i am quite delighted to see that RDBD is trying to provide better quality food in a dhaba style ambiance. The get up on the ballygunge outlet is not very fancy and has been kept low with hanging not so fancy kettles and tractor (their signature thing). Nonetheless, Rang De Basanti comes under elite category when we associate it with the word dhaba as be it the staffs (all are in proper uniform), or the food or the hygiene, they are maintained here with utmost care.
The two new outlets of RDBD has been launched at Ballygunge Circular Road and Em Bypass. I was invited by the management here at Ballygunge outlet to try out their food. The ambiance is nothing very fancy but trust me, you will like the food here.
On a personal note, Food at Ballygunge outlet was of better quality than tried in Salt lake or at Diamond Plaza Mall, Jessore Road.
They spoke about my love here. Hahah. Here here! Look down below in the image.
What i would suggest:
I had quite a couple of things as a blogger here. Nonetheless, some of the dishes which i would highly recommend are as under: –
• Chicken Afghani & Chicken Fry – Both were equally good. If you don’t want to go for the fry one, you can go for the chicken afghani which is lip smacking good.
• Paneer Tikka – The tikka was soft, succulent and mouth melting. (Vegetarian’s i am giving you options to try!!)
• Chicken Cheese Kebab – I somehow liked this one. Though, people who love cheese should dip into it right away!! I am not a cheese fanatic but this one tasted quite good.
• Tawa Waali Macchi – Bombay Bhetki Fry is what they serve here. Loved the preparation. Super Delicious.
• Butter Chicken with Bone – One can go for the one without bone but if you are okay with the bone part, don’t hesitate to order with bone one!! It’s creamy, its piping hot and it’s also melting in the mouth.
• Paneer Butter Masala – The paneer is quite good here and quite creamy too.
• Garlic Naan and Masala Kulcha – The garlic naan is for those who doesn’t want to eat much heavy and relish the taste whereas masala kulcha is for those who want to eat, sleep, eat and repeat.
• Chicken Chawal – It was really good. Though, the chicken was steamy hot and tender as F, it needs more marination.
Their signature Gulaab Jamun and Ice Cream was good. Albeit, 110 bucks? Common!!
Price for two: For two, it would be around 500-1500 approximate. (Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
• Good Quality food in dhaba style ambiance.
• Service is quite fast.
• Staffs are courteous.
• Large seating capacity.
To be really honest, i feel the ambiance of the place needs to be improved. Though, giving a dhaba style feel, it can be a bit more sophisticated. I hope they maintain their quality in the upcoming days.