Mission Cafe – Delicious, Good Quality and Affordable Vegetarian Food under one Umbrella.
DOSA FESTIVAL LAUNCH 2.0
Location & Intro:
Mission Cafe is situated on the 1st floor, Infinity Bench Mark, near RDB Cinemas, Sector 5, Salt Lake. The place looks like this from outside. It has some funny quotes with expressions of some of the Indian Film Industry Superstars.
This is how the ambience somewhat looks like from inside. One can visit this place with family and friends.
I happen to come here with a couple of other food bloggers to try out their dosa festival which started on 17 February 2019 and is going to come to an end by this month – March 2019.
It is the second time they are doing this festival. The place is quite simplistic done and has a seating capacity of around 50-60 people.
They have even used frugal approach to innovation (Jugaad to be more precise) on the hand wash area where they have used the household kadai as a basin and the tea kettle to pour the water.
Moreover, the prices of the dishes are quite affordable here and if you happen to come to Mission Cafe and have not tried their chola bhatura, you surely have missed something in life. You can view their facebook page here.
What all I tried:
• Chola/Chana Bhatura – This dish is stellar. Don’t count your calories while you eat this mouth-watering dish. It is really worth it. If you have not tried it yet, you seriously have missed some good tasty food. I seriously love their chole. It melts in the mouth. The bhatura size is also quite nice. It is quite crispy. (INR 145)
• Masala Idly – The Masala Idly is also great to taste. One must give it a try if you want something light. The spices used here is quite mild. (INR 80)
• Idly Cutlet – The idly cutlet is somewhat tasty as well. However, it is best to be eaten hot. (INR 80)
• Mexican Dosa – The Mexican dosa comes with salsa and tasted quite good. If you love mexican food, you can give this one a try. (INR 180)
• Maggi Masala Dosa – If you love Maggi, this is it. This combo you must not miss out on. It is quite beautifully presented as well. (INR 170)
• Peri Peri Dosa – The Peri Peri Dosa is one of my favourite here. The flavour of peri peri spice goes hand in hand with the dosa and overall, it’s absolutely delicious. #highly #recommended (INR 150)
• Paw Bhaji Dosafavouritevorite out here. The bhaji taste is concocted with the dosa. Moreover, the presentation won my heart. #recommended #highly (INR 170)
• Tandoori Aloo Dosa – I loved the Tandoori Aloo Dosa too. If you love aloo, this is surely for you. (INR 160)
• Noodle Dosa – Noodle Dosa came with the best presentation. Taste-wise, it was great as well. However, I would prefer the paw bhaji dosa over this one. (INR 160)
• Paneer Butter Masala Dosa – The Paneer Butter Masala Dosa was fine to taste. (INR 160)
• Mr. Bhavik and Mr. Aryaman (Owners of Mission Cafe Salt Lake) for extending hospitality and serving us with love.
• Mr. Chandan (Manager) and all the staffs and stewards who made our experience memorable.
Price for two: 200-600 approximate (Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
• The main entrance wallpaper can be enhanced much more.
• Reasonably priced.
• Pure vegetarian.
• Great hospitality.
• Good food quality and taste.
• Large seating capacity
I had a great time here at Mission Cafe. I would love to come back here again with my family and friends. I even tried the filter coffee here and can surely vouch for it.