Ivory Restaurant – Lipsmacking delicious food at reasonable prices
Location & Intro:
Ivory Restaurant is located at 80 Shakespeare Sarani, Ground Floor. To be more precise, it is located very near to Arsalan, Park Circus. I was invited here for a food tasting event along with a couple of other foodies here after my first visit. This place belongs to one of my family friend and he had been really courteous to call me again and serve us delicious delicacies. This place has got really good food items to offer at reasonable prices barring the fact that it is located inside a hotel and has to incur additional charges as well.
The ambiance of Ivory Restaurant is really nice and the staffs were quite courteous in extending their hospitality towards us. We were invited to try a couple of things and it was more like a fixed a la carte made specially for us so as to comment and review for the same. This place has even early morning buffet for the people who stay in the hotel and soon the management is planning to start off with their lunch buffet. They wanted to serve us Indian with just newly curated Chinese starters by their chef.
What we had:
We had Coke and Lime Soda(Sweet/Salt) as welcome drinks. I took the coke and it was fine.
• Veg Spring Roll – I liked it. It was just melting in the mouth. The coating could be more crispier to satiate the palate even more. Presentation was really nice.
• Paneer Cheese Tikka – Believe me or not, it was yum. Every Vegetarian should try this. The paneer was succulent and it was just melting in the mouth. It was presented really well and tasted great.
• Murgh Lasooni Kebab – My favorite here when it comes to chicken. The kebab had that Garlic touch to it and was quite juicy. However, it could have been much more tender. The flavour from the kebab was just right and it was tantalizing.
• Chicken Tai Pai – It was tasty, little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. This dish was also presented really well. They can surely improve the presentation for this one.
• Makhani Dal – The dal was served with Makhan on top. It was looking drooling and it tasted fine. I liked it.
• Veg Malai Kofta – It was not sweet as usual koftas. It was mildly sweet and tasted really nice. It was presented with cream on top.
• Mutton Rogan Josh – I personally liked it. The mutton piece i had was quite tender and the gravy was melting in the mouth. It was served quite hot.
• Fish Tomato Masala – It was fish in butter masala gravy with tomatoes. It tasted amazingly nice and i would personally recommend it for fish lovers. It is purely boneless.
• Tandoori Chicken Butter Masala – I had higher expectations from this one. The gravy was nice but the masala had not seeped inside the chicken properly. I had already given the feedback to the management regarding it’s bland taste. I hope they improve on it and i think this would run really well.
• Peas Pulao with Fried Onions – Oh gosh. It looked so drooling. I was literally lipsmacking in the mind when i saw it and wanted it to be served asap on my plate. I had it with Daal, Chicken and Mutton and it went hand in hand with all of em.
• Assorted Breads – We were served Naan, Kulchas and Tandoori Roti. I took the tandoori roti and it was fine. However, when it got a little cold, it became stiff.
• Shahi Kulfi Ice Cream – It was super tasty. I am coming back again for this one.
• Hot Gulab Jamun – I have had gulab jamuns at many places but this one really won my heart. The gulab jamun was served in desi ghee and it was so tender and was melting in the mouth despite the hot smoke coming over. #nomnom #drooling
• Fine dining restaurant
• Reasonably priced
• Staffs are courteous
• Service was quite fast
• Presentation as well as the taste of the dish are nice
• Needs to work on the advertisement.
I hope to come back again in the near future especially for their lipsmacking desserts.