First Flush – A neat cafe serving reasonably priced food.
Intro & Location
I visited First Flush Cafe as a part of CFC (Calcutta Foodies Club) meet and was invited here by Indrajit Da, who is also a food blogger and food enthusiast. I was quite excited for the CFC meet up this time as i had visited the last one quite sometime ago which was held in association with Zomato @ Saptapadi Restaurant. It is a cafe concept which even has a small section for selling garments and junk jewellery and is famous for it’s tea (Coming again for tea). There was a pre-set menu for all of us which was beautifully curated by the CFC Team keeping in mind the cost as well as the offerings. We were around 10-15 people ready to hunt down the food due to our food cravings. The place is chic, modern and is a concoction of white-red. It has been kept simple yet elegant to look at. The seating’s are comfortable as well and can easily accommodate groups as well. There were wall paintings, few show pieces and just one or two tree plants. I really liked the entrance of it. It’s quite welcoming.
First Flush is not at all difficult to locate. Head straight towards Golpark. In one of Golpark’s Lane, there are a lot of eateries like Rallis, Koshe Kosha and Tinny the dhaba etc. Cross them and keep going straight. On the left, there is a sign board showing ‘First Flush’. Strictly follow that and you will reach the cafe in 3 minutes.
As mentioned above, the menu was pre-set for all of us and we were offered:-
• Tea/Coffee – I chose coffee as i had a tiring day and was feeling little dizzy. The coffee was thick and strong and it did wake me up perfectly. Some of my fellow foodie friend’s chose tea and they did seem to have enjoyed it.
• Chicken Burger with Fries – The preparation of the burger was neat. It had red capsicum on top (used as an alternative to cherry) and was served with iceberg lettuce, cheese. veges with chicken patty inside the bun. As soon as i took the first bite, i felt that the chicken meat inside was juicy, succulent and finger-lickin’ good. The bun was soft. The fries served alongside were quite crunchy. It was served to us with usual ketchup sachet.
• Chicken Skewers mixed with Basil – The skewers were served along with Onions, tomatoes and their special orange dip. The skewers tasted great but the marination could have been a little better. The basil flavor was coming but the marination for chicken could have been done for some more time. However, it was served smoky hot and tasted great.
• Fish Finger with Julienne Cut Salad and served with Tartar Dip – The Fish Finger was served absolutely fresh and hot to us. The salad served along with it was cut in julienne style and served. It was quite much in quantity. The fish finger was crunchy, filling and tasted great with the Tartar Dip. The coating of the fish finger could be reduced a bit.
• Chicken Lollipop – The CFC Menu mentioned one piece of lollipop which made me feel like Just One Piece for a hungry soul like me? ‘Khaali ek hi lollipop??? ‘ What an irony. Was it really a lollipop? As soon as it arrived on the table, it was being eaten inside the head. Never had such big, juicy and tasty lollipop ever!! I mean it was totally diced with their special sauces and was quite filling. This one piece was quite abundant and was quite juicy, succulent and satiating. It was such a great surprise!
How can a meal be a meal without any dessert? First Flush had a specially made Mango Cake for all the food enthusiasts of Calcutta Foodies Club. It looked like a normal cake to me but it blasted in the mouth when i took the first bite. The Mango Cake was easy on stomach and tasted great.
• Amazing Ambiance.
• Reasonably Priced.
• Courteous Staffs.
• Good place to spend long hours sipping over a coffee especially with.
• I would really like to thank Indrajit Da for inviting me as a part of CFC Group and holding such a great meet.
• Special Thanks to the Owners of First Flush who beautifully organised the meet for us and help us had a enjoyable time
• Team of First Flush, Chef and Staffs, who managed to serve us patiently despite we being such a large rowdy group.
Meal for two: 300 – 600 approximate
(Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
The whole meal was perfectly curated for all of us at INR 300. I would surely come back again to try their other food item’s and tea, which is their specialty. I really had a great time here meeting the food enthusiasts and sharing thought over food. I would also thank the management of First Flush to provide us with additional chicken skewers at the end which was served from their side for the meet.