Location & Intro:
Charcoal Grill is situated 102 A & B, Park Street, Park Circus, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017.
Charcoal Grill is a multi speciality restaurant and has launched their grand buffet menu on 22 December 2017. It is a 12000 sq. ft, 220 cover two storey restaurant which boasts of three different kitchents and three separate floors for Chinese, Coastal Sea Food and North West Frontier cuisine. I had been invited here as a part of Bloggers meet on the first floor to try out their new buffet menu.
The buffet spread was on the first floor where we were served some mocktails as well as some grills on the table as additional accompaniments. The buffet menu had comprised on Chinese and Indian Cuisine along with few desserts to satiate the palate. After taking some pictures and hi! hellos!, i sat for the mocktail and food.
What i had:
• Special Litchi and Strawberry Mocktail – I took the strawberry mocktail. It tasted good. It was not over the top sweet which is why i liked it even more.
Soups and Starters:
• Chicken grill special chicken soup – The soup was just fine. The taste could have been enhanced for sure.
• American Corn – The corn tasted good. However, the batter coating was a bit thick.
• Mutton Seekh Kebab – The mutton seekh kebab was just okay. It was not so soft as it should be.
• Chicken Burrah Kebab – The chicken burrah kebab was great. 👌
• CG Special Chilli Chicken Dry – The chilli chicken was lipsmacking, piping hot and tender. It melted in the mouth. 👌
• Chicken Hariyali Kebab – The hariyali kebab was kept as a grill on our table. It tasted fine.
• Fish Sarson Wali Mahi – The mahi fish was again on grill. It was marinated with mustard sauce and tasted excellent. It was super tender. 👌
I did not want to have prawns so avoided it.
• Fish butter Masala – The fish butter masala tasted fine. I liked it.
• Daal Makhni – I must say the daal here was really good. Would specially recommend everyone to try it. 👌👌
• Pindi Chana – It is actually punjabi style and being a punjabi myself, i totally relished it. 👌
• Chicken Bharta – The bharta was nice and tasted good.
• Chicken Biriyani – The aloo and the chicken was cooked to perfection. The chicken could have been marinated in a much better way and the biryani could have been more flavourful.
• Peas Pulao – The pulao was fine.
• Veg Fried Rice & Shredded Chicken Manchurian – Both went hand in hand with each other. Liked it. 👌👌
I was quite full after the main course but it is difficult to say NO! to Desserts!
• Gulab Jamun – The gulab jamun was nice but not the best i have ever had. It was piping hot though.
• Assorted Pastries and Strawberry Swiss Roll – The swiss roll was just melting in the mouth. The other desserts were quite nice too. 👌👌
• Fine Dine In.
• Great Buffet Spread.
• Great Hospitality.
• Good quality Food.
• Large seating capacity.
• Maintain the food consistency and get some new dishes on the buffet.
BUFFET TIMINGS & PRICES:
• Lunch Everyday
For First Diners – (12:00 to 12:30pm ) – Veg ₹586/- and Non Veg ₹681/-
(From 12:30 to 3pm ) – Veg ₹648 and Non Veg ₹743
• Monday and Tuesday – Veg ₹648/- and Non Veg ₹743/-
• Wednesday to Sunday – For First Diners – (6:30 pm to 7:30 pm) – Veg – 648/- and Non Veg – 743/-
(7:30 PM to 11:00 PM) – Veg ₹762 and Non Veg ₹857
• Prices are exclusive of taxes.
• Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.
I had a great time here. I hope to be there again soon. They have made quite a great selection for the buffet. 🙂