Bohemian – Must say a ‘totally’ unconventional restaurant. A bong fusion food
Location & Intro:
I was going from Fish Fish to Chowman (ballygunge) and i kept going straight (Crossed a crossing) until i saw bohemian on the right. Not very difficult to locate at all.
Bohemian is Chef Joy Banerjee’s curation. I was invited by Anusreea and Swarnava for a bloggers meet to try out some of the food items here. It was Sunday lunch time when we decided to sit on the first floor. Saptarshi (steward) was taking care of us when we hit this place. The entrance to this restaurant is quite quirky. It is well decorated with graffiti and flags and i really liked it. We were made to sit on the first floor. The place has got flags all over. It has a bar too which curates amazing and unique cocktails. I was a part of bloggers meet there.
What i tried:
○ I tried a lot of cocktails out here such as Just Bohemian, Smoked Pineapple and Cracked pepper, Gondhoraj Martini, Soya chilli, Kolkata Biriyani and New moon over kolkata. The Gondhoraj Cocktail and Soya Chilli felt the best to me. The Kolkata biriyani cocktail was also presented nicely and tasted fine. All of the cocktails were very different to taste.
○ Potol Mousse with Papri Chips – The potol mousse was excellent. I am trying this for the first time in life. So distinct and tasted super good.
○ Veg Puchka – The veg puchka was presented nicely but did not find it to be over the top great.
○ Smoked Bhetki with Cumin – It was really good. The bhetki was covered in glasses and as soon as you open the glasses, the smoke comes out. Worth a watch and worth trying out too.
○ Daab Chingri – It was presented very nicely and tasted great. I loved this one. If you like daab chingri, this is for you.
○ Grilled Chicken Wrap with darjeeling chilli and Nolen Gur – Oh heaven on earth! I have not tried such thing ever before. Bohemian does live up to the standards. Nolen Gur. Check. Darjeeling Chilli. Check. Grilled Chicken. Check. Loved the concoction. Do try it.
I was too full to try the main course. All the main course items were presented excellently to us. I forgot to ask the fancy names and went on hogging it in. All the main course dishes were presented in different way with different types of rice. I just tried few of the items from the main course.
○ Chicken with Rice – It was super excellent to taste. Totally loved it.
○ Orange Prawn with rice – i am not a prawn person but the way orange gravy was blending with the prawn pieces was worth a watch. Recommended.
○ Cheese cake – It was good to taste.
○ Cigar dessert – The cigar dessert was heavenly. The best dessert tried out at Bohemian.
All the dessert items were not overtly sweet and tasted great.
○ Anusreea and Swarnava (The Food Trippers) for inviting me over.
○ Chef Joy Banerjee for extending hospitality.
Price for two: 700-1200 approximate (Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
○ Good ambiance.
○ Good hospitality.
○ Unique Items.
○ Great quality of food.
○ Great cocktails.
I hope to revisit here again. I had a good time out here. Loved the experience.