Midnight Prink Presents the Bohemian Souk!
This is the first time in Kolkata where this event happened and i was the “Official and Exclusive Food Blogging Partner” for the event. Yes, you are right. Bohemian refers to unconventional and chic decor (generally related to arts) here. Souk is like a bazaar or a market place. This event was from 12 noon to 12 midnight on 24rd and 25th of March, 2017. The Bohemian Souk was more of a Food and Lifestyle Event whereby around 40 lifestyle stalls and around 10 food stalls had been a part of it. Ranging from the Wokaholics Wok Boxes, TFC (The Fan’s Club’s Pasta) to the Fresh Juice Shakes from The Yellow Straw, Cocktail popsicles from The Tea Trove, Aum’s Bakery Items, Frollz Ice Cream, it was all there. Oh yes, there was Sheesha too from The Tea Factory.
The event was beautifully designed and the decor seemed to mesmerise my eyes. The Curators and the Owners of this event were Preeti, Shivika, Radhika and Khyati. I would though specially like to thank Preeti and Shivika for coordinating properly and making me a part of it.
I had been there both days to relish the food experience. The event was very well organized and even the crowd was really good. I did try a lot of stuffs out in the event and would like to just state down my views about the items tried out here.
My experience on First Day at Bohemian Souk – 24th March 2017
I met a couple of people out here and made a lot of new friends. On my first day, i met a lot of Fashion Bloggers as the event was more of Fashion and Lifestyle than of Food. It was really good meeting all the people out here as it gave an insight that blogging industry is not so small as i thought it to be in the City Of Joy. I took some Sheesha from The Tea Factory and tried certain items the first day.
○ I started off trying the Cocktail Popsicles from The Tea Trove. There were two variants: one wine and one rum. Both tasted good. I even took some Wild Jasmin Ice Tea which is one of my favorite from The Tea Trove. Sip on it and you will surely reach heaven. #musttry
○ Thereafter, there was Preeti Super Bazaar which i think is named after the curator of this event. I went on trying the Lemon Ice Tea out here. The usual lemon ice tea which is a mandate to beat the scorching heat.
○ I even tried the Chocolate Paan from On My Way which deals in various varieties of Paan’s. Their Fire Paan is one hell of a display. Those who have watched it surely knows what i am talking about.
○ Even The Yellow Straw was on board. It is a cafe/kiosk which sells fresh fruit juices. I was made to try their special Mango and Pineapple Shake which i really liked it. Thank you Vikram for extending hospitality.
Thereafter, i stalked around the place, came across dream catchers, vintage paintings and more. I really had a good time here and i hope to be there in their next event as well.
Second Day at Bohemian Souk – 25th March 2017
I met few more people and again went back hunting on trying the other items from other stalls.
Some during the day and some during the night. For more:-
○ Mix Sauce Pasta and Pan Fried Momo’s From TFC (The Fan’s Club) – It was decent to taste. Thank you Kaushik for extending hospitality. The Pan Fried Momo’s was spicy and lipsmacking piping hot. It was tasty!!
○ Frollz Paan Ice Cream and TRO Dal Makhani Rice Bowl – Excellent to taste. However, the Dal quantity is quite less as compared to the Rice quantity. I have tried the Paan Ice Cream from them before and it is excellent. #musttry
○ Inside the Lifestyle stalls, i spotted one bakery stalls by the name of AUM which stands for Amoha’s Uven Made curated by Nidhi Agarwal. It was really kind of her to make me try the jar orange dessert, rich fruit cinnamon cake, rich walnut truffle chocolates and few more desserts. I loved it and hope to order for home delivery soon!!
Last but not the least, Wokaholic Rice Bowl – The Rice Bowl and Hakka Chow from Wokaholic was excellent. I love their food and would surely recommend everyone to try it at least once. I even tried their spinach and corn momo and baby corn. It’s totally worth it. #musttry
Oh yes, apart from that, i noticed some great wooden covers (for apple products currently) which are prepared by RAW run by Aishwarya Sonthalia. One can shop it from here: www.claymango.com/raw or directly contact her.
I really had a good time at Midnight Prink presents the Bohemian Souk. It was a well organized event and i was also happy that in this event, there was no entry charge which makes it open to all and was till late at midnight which allows even office goers to attend it. I hope they keep coming back with good ideas and hosting such beautiful events!