BJS Cafe – A sports cafe named after bunty and jacky.
Intro & Location:
I had been to BJS cafe some months back and i was again here to celebrate the birthday of one of the top foodies named Avijit Biswas. This Cafe is quirky and has different seating arrangements to suit different customers. The cafe is well designed with sports stars and kits and is lit in blue light. It is located on the first floor and is divided into two section. One section is for the regular visitors and another section is for party booking. I have sat in both the sections and since my last visit, there had been quite some improvement. The party section is nicely made and quite well decorated to display the elegance. It has projector for live screening of matches and music as well. We were around 12-17 foodies who decided to celebrate the birthday with a little pun.
BjS is situated at 104/1 A Sarat Bose Road. It is located just at the Hazra and Lansdowne crossing near the petrol pump.
What we had:
• Blackberry Spicy Mocktail – The best part about this mocktail was the presentation as well as the taste. It looked absolutely red. It came in a cute wooden barrel and it was presented with a chilli. Once you gulp it up sip by sip, the chilli gives you a kick. #recommended
• Passion Fruit Mojito – The mojito tasted nice too. However, there still lies some scope of improvement in this particular drink.
• Bj’s Special Murgh Kebab – I really must say that this was one of the best chicken i have had till date. The presentation of this dish was excellent as well as the taste. The chicken pieces were succulent, smoky hot and mouth melting. I highly recommend on this one. Top notch.
• Chicken Thai Satay – Boneless chicken marinated and added in skewers and topped up with peanut butter and served smoky hot. The dripping peanut butter as well as the marination of the chicken was impeccable. I highly recommend on this one too.
• Dahi Kebab – The dahi ke kebab are a good starter for the vegetarians. It was tender and was garnished with onions, cucumber and tomato and served with green chutney. Loved it.
• Chilli Cheese Toast – It was good too. Square size toast with cheese and veges on top served with plain chips. Was lipsmacking.
• Cheese Rosti Rice – Cheese Rosti Rice was presented nicely with rosti placed on the middle. I really loved it and it was excellent to taste.
• Veg Au Gratin – It was perfectly baked and i loved the preparation. Absolutely served hot and just melting in the mouth.
• Singapore Noodle – It was smooth and silky. It had the right portion of oil as required.
• Fish Tunarest – It was perfectly presented in a nest like structure with chowmien on the side and small pieces of fish inside. I loved it and it tasted great.
• Cioccolata – It was choco lava served with Vanilla ice cream. The lava was absolutely smoky hot and melting in the mouth. The chocolate was dripping over. It was just delish in one word.
There were couple of Hookah’s on our tables. The USP was the BJ’s Special Hookah which came in Matka Base. It was too smooth and the flavours were a killer. I really loved it and i am surely coming back for more.
• Lovely Ambiance
• Great Food (Veg & Non Veg) and Serves Sheesha
• Excellent presentation
• Courteous Staffs
• Sports themed Cafe
• Bunty and Jacky for extending their hospitality towards us.
• Matuir Rahman, Tushar and Team BJS for making our experience memorable and fun.
I shall surely revisit it again. I really had a great time here celebrating one of the fellow foodie’s birthday. Special thanks to Bunty and Jacky to organize the party in such a great way and serving us with delicious delicacies.
Disclaimer: I was invited here by Avijit Da as it was his birthday party. The owner’s are friends of mine.