Benjamin Bangalee – Satiate your tastebuds with quality food. 😀
Location & Intro:
Source: Google Maps (Location might be subject to change)
I was invited to Benjamin Bangalee by Culinary Calcutta– Ritika & Udit along with other food bloggers here to come and try their food items. The place is not at all difficult to locate but quite far. Just start heading in James Long Sarani and cross MPB School and many other crossings, on the same side, you will locate this place.
The name is quite fancy and so is the place. It is quite nicely decorated but i bet you, once you go here, you will be having that balance feeling of home comforting ambiance as well as a good ambiance. The place feels home. They even have got a lot of wall decorations made. The ambiance of this place is kept simple.
What i tried:
• Virgin Mojito – The mojito is usually a traditional Cuban highball. This one was the non-alcoholic version of it. As this drink is supposed to hit the nose first and then the palate, they had got it right. 🍸
• Strawberry Shake – The shake was decent. It was more like old school shake which you can drink and stay in awe for long. 🙂
• Chicken Cheese Momo – It was super amazing. The momo pieces were huge and it did have a tinge of spice to it. I really liked on this one. It tastes great when served hot.
• Chicken Ajwaini Tikka Kebab – The ajwaini tikka kebabs were not bad. Usually, ajwaini flavour is used for fish kebabs here in Kolkata, however, it was tasting good with chicken as well.
• French Fries, Veggies and Crunch Fried Chicken with Cheese Sauce – In one word, excellent. The dish was presented nicely and tasted great. The chicken and french fries were crunchy and were going hand in hand with the sauces. The sauce served along with it was super tasty.
• Baked Bhetki – This is probably one of the best dishes i have had here. I am surely coming back again for this one. The presentation as well as the taste was astounding.
• Kerala Mutton – The Kerala mutton was tasty and succulent. It was flavourful and essence of kurry patta was evident.
• Fish Fry – The fish fries served to us were great and pure bhetki. It was crunchy and tasty.
• Chicken Biriyani – The biriyani was nice but the chicken lacked the marination. To be honest, it was a bit bland. I have conveyed expert suggestions to the owner and they have taken the feedback seriously. 🍗
• Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream – It was good to taste. Though, i am not an apple pie person but they do serve quite a good quantity enough for two.
• Caramel Custard – I found it to be just okay. It was nothing like out of the world.
• Brownie with Ice Cream – The brownie with ice cream was excellent. The brownie was served piping hot and cold ice cream on top of that is a cherry on the cake.
Price for two: 300-700 (Prices are subject to change due to macroeconomic factors such as inflation, etc.)
• Peaceful and calm place.
• Food is made with proper care.
• Ambiance is nice.
• Good hospitality.
• Quality food.
• There was only one waiter managing the whole place. I would request that at least two must be there as it was seen that it was quite difficult for him to manage various tables.
• Work on the presentation of certain items. Special mention is that your continental items were undoubtedly great!!
• Work on your vegetarian dishes.
The time spent here was good. Hope to come back soon again for baked bhetki.